What about Oh So Swedish Arts and Crafts? – 3 year on Brighton Beach
All-year open studio with Swedish arts & crafts, limited edition of handmade crafts you won’t find somewhere else. My own designs and from creative sources in Sweden.
- Handmade crafts made of wood, clay, rope, textile, recycled and natural material (driftwood, stones etc.), handmade soap, wooden toys, wooden cutlery and trays.
- Small selection of second hand books in Swedish, mainly by Swedish & Scandinavian authors. Book swap: bring 2 take 1
- Offer a small selection of Swedish sweets & liquorice in bags
- Swedish prints &cards including the popular Swedish Nostalgia postcards & posters : adverts from 50’s, 60’s and the 70’s images of Volvo, SAAB, Swedish MC & bicycles, ships, fizzy drinks and more.
- Hosting Swedish art exhibitions
- External handmade crafts markets
- Participating in local events and creative networks.
- Tourist information : A small VIP – Visitbrighton Information Point (one of 15 in the city)- providing free maps & leaflets) & Informal tourist information about Sweden – happy to answer queries for those who wish to know more about Sweden.
- Creative Workshops in handmade crafts for small groups.
- Offering language tuition in Swedish in small groups/beginners level & conversation (Brighton only).
- Prime location: Right on the pebbles at Brighton Beach between the iconic Brighton Pier and the beautiful Wheel.
- Web shop or direct from OhSoSwedish Arts & Crafts Studio & workshop – affordable, natural & handmade products.
- Payment: only cash in Seafront Studio – Web shop – PayPal.
- Sustainable packaging – using recycled or eco-friendly paper carrier bags & packing as much as possible.
VÄLKOMNA – WELCOME